Saturday, April 11, 2009

Emerald City ComicCon!

Well I got back from Emerald City Comic Con a week ago, and it was a blast! It was my first "comic" convention. I've been to anime cons but not an actual comiccon, where I didn't have to worry about getting to panels and last minute costuming. I just went, saw everything, met some great people and had a fantastic time.

I bring back arts of Candy and other things, like I usually got my friends to bring back for me when they went. This time I was able to get a couple more pieces. So I will share all my goodies with you!

First I commissioned a piece from Edward Pun, who does the comic Betsy Mae. You can see his awesome art on his website, here! http://www.edwardpun.com/

Then I got a sketch from Jim Mahfood, who has the most bitchin' style. I wish I had brought enough money to get a full blown commission from this guy. His website is here: http://www.40ozcomics.com/index.php



Next, I got a drawing from Pia Guerra, who draws Y! the Last Man. I get one from her every year, so this was the 3 year anniversary of her drawing Candy. Hee hee.


My friend Tasli is also super talented, her deviantart account can be found here: http://tazzyorca.deviantart.com/ She drew me a picture of Candy just because she wanted to! Isn't she awesome?! She also made the HOTTEST Scarlet Witch costume ever.


Got Angela to draw me a pic of Candy in the back of the sketchbook I bought from her, too. Her website is here: http://www.spikecomix.com



Also I feel really bad, I got another guy to draw Candy, but I forgot his name.. I think he either drew or wrote one of the comics at the convention.. he seemed really self conscious about his drawing talent, but I think he did an awesome job. :) Thanks dude! I'll post your name once I find it..



And lastly but not leastly...

2 comic gods drew me stuffs.

I got a Hellboy from Mike Mignolia..


And a Dawn sketch from my personal hero, Joseph Michael Linsner. Thanks again, Joe! <3


My drawings/doodles post to follow....

No comments: